4.07.2012

She Blinded Me With SCIENCE!



We love science fairs! Olivia decided, all on her own, to see which kind of pets had the most germs. We went all over the neighborhood swabbing hamsters, chickens, cats, dogs, turtles, snakes, cockatiels, and salamanders.



I would post a picture of the petri dishes after 2 weeks, but I'm not sure how recently you ate, so I'll leave them off just to be safe.


The pets with the most in volume and the most different kinds of bacteria: CATS! Pink and slimy, brown and fuzzy, green, white, black, and everything in between. Ewwwww!


The least bacteria ridden: DOGS! Hardly any bacteria at all.


4 comments:

Carrie said...

Nice idea Liv! I would guess that hamsters were more nasty than cats. I don't like most cats though, so that's fine with me!

Leah said...

It just proved our hypothesis: cats are the worst.

The Woolner Family said...

Yeah, cats are dumb. They lick themselves all over and think they are getting clean. I miss you.

Leah said...

Hamber, come to my house. NOW.