2.07.2007

Best or Worst 18 bucks ever spent - you decide

Thank heavens the ticket lady at the Jordan World Circus had an extra "two for one" coupon, and that we had free passes for the kids. Otherwise, the monetary total for this ghetto charade would have reached fifty smackers! Yikes! I'm not sure if it was the utter lack of clowns, the women that honestly looked like reject prostitutes, or the 3 minute wait between back-yard-practiced "acts", but this was by far the worst circus I've ever seen or heard of. And hold you breath the ENTIRE time the elephants are out there. *shudder*
 
There was, in all fairness, one decent part: the lions and tigers (and the long haired guy in the purple rhinestone vest taming them). When the white tiger came out, Gage said "Zebra!"


 
I said "Where is the ring of fire?" and yelled "Ring of fire!" real loud, and lo and behold, they started up the ring of fire. Even Barnum and Bailey didn't do that!


 
Okay, I've been called cruel, but am I the only one that thinks this is a comical picture of their trapeze artist? Yeah, there was no flipping involved in that trapeze show.


 
After the "show", the kids put on their own show, walking the gym floor lines and doing dances and death defying stunts. Luckily that stuff is free to me every day. So I can't decide if it was the worst $18 ever spent because the circus was so absolutely, dreadfully poor, or if it was the best $18 ever spent because, dang, we got a lot of good material and are still laughing about the juggler who can't. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

ejmowrer said...

I would probably call it money well spent. Heather and I like to go to snooty restaurants every now and then just to laugh at the food, wait staff, and clientel. Is that wrong? We'll never forget the 3 dollar ravioli. 12 bucks, and they brought out literally 4 raviolis on a huge plate. Mmmmmm. We also like to fantasize about being rich enough to spend 3 bucks on a ravioli and simultaneously think about what a dump this place was. Who puts four raviolis on a plate? It should be 3 raviolis and a carrot. Slobs...

The Woolner Family said...

So, I haven't been on your blog for a while and am snickering at many a good postings, then, I reach Betty "Baby Got Back" Trapeze Artist and I soiled myself I laughed so hard. If period films have "Best Performance By a Breastesess" award, then circuses ought to have "Best Performance By a Big-A Boot-ay In a Sequence Thong" award. Money well spent my friend, money well spent.

Garlic Boy said...

There once was an aerialist named Sadie.
To fly high she was not afraidy.
I'll never forget
when she fell through the net,
and we said, "Oh what a big-bottomed lady."