2.14.2007

Ultimate Child Makeover: Gum Edition

Location: Smith's Grocery Store
Date: Monday, February 12th, 2007
Incident: While Mom's head is buried in the cart, chucking things onto the conveyer belt, little rascals have each loaded on a roll of "Six Feet of Bubble Gum". They are very eagar to help carry the grocery bags into the house, and especially interested in the contents of each bag. Then they locate their little prizes. After milking the gum as a reward for cleaning/general niceness, Gage earns a piece after lunch. Ten minutes later, as I was working on the old compy, I hear this dreaded sentence: "I can't find my gum."

 
Before: Gage is not happy with his current look. The drab pink bubble gum is doing nothing for his appearance, or self esteem.
 
After: With an updated "Sesame Oil Spike", Gage is hip and ready for a full day of destruction and/or mayhem.

I discovered, out of necessity, that Sesame oil is stupendous at forcing bubble gum to relinquish its hold on baby fine strands. A special thanks goes out to Gage the Rage for letting me hit yet another of those Mommy Milestones. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't help but notice how much Gage looks like his sister in the first photo and how much he looks like - not his father, mind you - but his Uncle Holden!(at age two, of course) in the second photo.
Funny how we complex human beings can look like many different people.

smiliesar said...

Way to go mom! I love the pouting lip. I will have to remember the Sesame seed oil when I run into the same problem down the road.

Anonymous said...

This post had me laughing the whole way through- Gage's face is hilarious.

you've inspired me to buy some gum and let Liam play with it- it might be nice to get over that milestone now while his hair is nice and fine and short.

Anonymous said...

Makes raising girls seem almost boring, doesn't it?

Garlic Boy said...

I can't wait to meet Gage. I have a feeling we'll be best buds in no time.